February 28, 2009

Culture Shock


It is still in my mind like happening in yesterday, how thrilling and exciting when I first arrived in LA, As I saw the brilliant illuminated city, I swore to myself, I will work hard with any price to excel in my study, because I know it is America, which deserves I do that .

However, America stuns me , especially the American people. In fact, before I went to America, I learn some knowledge about the country, I knew the climate in CA is warm all the year, I knew that American may be open-minded. Of course, I practiced English constantly for adjusting to study abroad. And I also imagined more than one time that how difficult alone for me , a international student to adapt to the new and strange environment.

Yet, life is full of amazing miracle. I used to think the Americans very selfish and arrogant. However, as I contact with more and more American people, I find that I am wrong. All of the faculty in woodbury and English program are very kindhearted, who are enthusiastic to help me. Like Rachel, Armen Corner, and Jocelyn, all of them give a great help not only in my study, but also in my life. I settled down in campus with the help of Corner, register with the help of jocelyn, overcome my study problems with the help of Rachel and Armen.It is hard to imagine that what it would be like in my American life without this help.